Last Updated: November 9, 2017
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personally identifiable information from you, such as your name, email address, mailing address and/or personal story, when you voluntarily provide that information to us. For example, we collect such information when you fill out an online form, make a donation through the Website, sign up to receive email updates from us or when you share your personal story with us (in other words, “Share Your Story”).
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Website
When you access or use the Website, we may automatically collect non-personally identifiable information from you, including::
We may log information about your use of the Website, including the type of browser you used, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you used to access the Website, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES:
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Website;
- Provide and deliver the information you request, process contributions and transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Use your personal story according to the Terms of Submission for “Share Your Story”;
- Share with elected officials and the press;
- Send you confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Request feedback and to otherwise contact you about your use of the Website
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you newsletters and otherwise provide you with information or services you request or that we think will be of interest to you, such as sending you information to keep you informed about various issues, events, resources, promotions, contests, products and services;
- Help connect you with other supporters, and to solicit volunteers for issues and organizations that we support;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Website;
- Personalize and improve the Website and provide advertisements, content or features that match User profiles or interests;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get about you from other sources to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
P4AD is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Website or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Protection of Information
P4AD takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, but we cannot guarantee that your information is 100% secure.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers or volunteers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf. These third parties are required to protect the confidentiality of the information and to use it only for the limited purpose for which it was provided;
- With like-minded organizations, including our sister organization, Patients For Affordable Drugs Now;
- If required to do so by law, or if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, or to respond to a court order, subpoena or search warrant;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of P4AD, our employees, volunteers, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any reorganization, merger, formation of new organization, asset sale or transfer, financing or lending transaction or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the assets of P4AD; and
We may also share with third parties aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Share Your Story Terms of Submission
By submitting a story to us, you are granting permission to P4AD to copy, exhibit, publish and distribute your story, together with your name and city of residence on this Website, on our social media platforms, in print, in emails, in any other media, now known or hereafter developed, and with interested parties at P4AD’s sole discretion. Patients for Affordable Drugs will determine, at our sole discretion, where and when your story appears.
You further agree that Patients for Affordable Drugs may edit your personal story for length and/or clarity. We will not, however, knowingly edit your story in such a way as to create a misleading impression. By submitting your story, you are attesting to the accuracy and truthfulness of the information provided. As we can only manage and display a limited number of stories at any one time, P4AD retains the right to remove or delete your information from any platform at any time in our sole discretion. We will edit or remove your information at any time upon your request. Simply contact us at email@example.com. Please allow several business days for us to make any applicable updates.
If you sign an online petition, you understand that such petition is public information and that we may make the petition, and your name, city, state, and any comments provided in connection therewith publicly available. In addition, we may provide such petitions or compilations thereof, including your comments, name, city, and state to national, state or local leaders, or to the press.
Social Sharing Features
The Website may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” button), which let you share actions you take on the Website or content from the Website with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
You may opt out of receiving email updates and newsletters from P4AD by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails or by emailing us by clicking here. If you opt out, we may still send you other types of emails, such as those about your use of the Website or any donations or transactions made through the Website.
Third Party Website
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Protecting the privacy of the young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect information at the Website from those who we know are under 13, and no part of the Website is structured to attract anyone under 13. If we become aware of having information about anyone under 13, we will promptly delete the information.
California Privacy Rights
If you reside in California and have provided your personally identifiable information to P4AD, you may request information once per calendar year about our disclosures of certain categories of your personally identifiable information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Such requests must be submitted to us by clicking here.
Your Acceptance of these Terms